TouchKeys first launched to the public on Kickstarter in July 2013, after more than three years of development. The Kickstarter campaign put TouchKeys DIY kits and prebuilt instruments into the hands of keyboardists worldwide. Since the campaign launched, TouchKeys has been featured in over 25 articles and has been demonstrated at events worldwide.
TouchKeys in the Press
- Sound on Sound: Touch Sensitive: the TouchKeys Project
- Create Digital Music: Multi-touch with your current keyboard, and how expressive, crowd-funded keys stack up
- Time: What if your piano’s keys supported multitouch and gesture control?
- New Scientist: Sensitive piano keys let pianists create new sounds
- Electronics Weekly: TouchKeys electronic piano plays by sensors
- Gizmag: TouchKeys brings multitouch tech to piano-style keyboard
- Engadget: TouchKeys overlay brings whole new meaning to ‘tickling the ivories’
- Synthtopia: TouchKeys promises to add multi-touch expression to your existing keyboard | New TouchKeys keyboard mod meets classic CS-80 synth sounds | New TouchKeys keyboard meets a modular synthesizer
- Hackaday: Touch control for every key on the keyboard
- TechCrunch: TouchKeys combines multi-touch and keyboards for musical magic
- Fast Company Labs: Why every real-world instrument should be touch sensitive
- Popular Science: Why hasn’t there been a multitouch piano before now?
- Rekkerd.org: Andrew McPherson introduces TouchKeys multi-touch musical keyboard
- Musicradar: TouchKeys to bring DIY multi-touch expression to any keyboard
- Geeky Gadgets: TouchKeys multi-touch musical keyboard
- Audiofanzine: TouchKeys adds Multitouch to your keyboards | TouchKeys ajoute le multitouch à vos claviers
- Hispasonic: TouchKeys, agregando funciones multi-touch a un teclado convencional
- Sonic State: TouchKeys retrofit multi-touch kit
- Attack Magazine: TouchKeys hits Kickstarter
- MusicApps (Brazil): TouchKeys: um projeto que pode revolucionar a maneira de tocar teclados e sintetizadores
- OrganFax: TouchKeys – A New Keyboard Controller
- KitMonsters: TouchKeys interview
Public Demos of TouchKeys
TouchKeys has previously been presented in talks and demos at public venues including Sonar+D (Barcelona), IRCAM (Paris), Ars Electronica (Linz), the Digital Catapult (London) and the Barbican Centre‘s “Hack the Barbican” event (London). It has also been shown in numerous academic conferences and other presentations; see the research lab news page for more details.